Anger and anxiety together can be a huge threat for those who experience them and for others.
Some people follow a rigid routine and feel comfortable when you do not change anything in their lives. When there is a change I do not know how to manage and can have outbursts sometimes for no reason.Anxiety and anger can interact together in various ways. For example, when people will be worried about a long period of time, will not eat well, will not rest enough and neither will enjoy activities that can help you stay calm and happy. As a result, they may become sensitive to small problems that normally would not be nervous.
Causes of anxiety combined with anger
Anxiety itself means the body’s response to fight or give up just like the situation in which the person would be in the face of danger. Since there is practically no danger, some people feel the need to fight, but there is a certain category of people who feel the overwhelming desire to fight. This could be the main cause of anger resulting from anxiety.
Also, when people are anxious, their body secretes stress hormones and increases the amount of adrenaline and they can shed fast enough anger and frustration on others. Sometimes anxiety occurs due to episodes of anger, following the inability to control anger.
There are other factors that may play a role in the combination of anger and anxiety
- irritation – anxiety is a disorder that causes increased irritation. This irritation may predispose to negative emotions, including anger. People constantly irritated easily upset and may respond with anger.
- loss of control – anger is a natural response for many people who feel they have control over a situation. Anxiety itself is a loss of control. Especially for panic attacks, many people may experience the feeling that I can not handle things and this sentiment could trigger anger.
- transfer guilt – one of the most natural responses to stress is the feeling that others contribute to the onset of stress, especially when it is difficult to understand (as in anxiety). This makes people who suffer from anxiety to transfer guilt unwittingly on other people, as a way to explain their feelings can not explain.
In addition, some people may be more aggressive than others when they do not get what they want become impatient and restless. Basically it triggers a vicious circle as anger is greater, the greater and anxiety.
Ways that can be managed anger and anxiety
Anger is a natural way that people have developed it from ancient times to respond to physical threats. Here are some ways that can be controlled by anger and anxiety
- Keep a log – note where you have been angry and events that led to this moment. Thus you will be able to tell better what upsets you. This can give you time to have healthy side.
- make alternative plans – Get involved in a role play and imagine that you are in a situation that will trigger anger – such as where the husband comes home late. Think about how you might address the event. Perhaps when you experience such a moment, you need 10 minutes before speaking calm and stress hormones disappear. Drink a glass of water and call your friend.
- breathe deeply – often when you are anxious or nervous you tend to keep you breathing or breathing jerky. This will not only make you feel even more tense. Deep breathing fills the air that leaves the aperture will be an effective method of reducing stress. Even if it means to go down and take a break from your activities, it is important to breathe deeply.
- Free yourself from anger – in many people (including those who have anger management problems related to anxiety), anger gathered will contribute to increased anxiety which, in turn, will produce even more anger. Try to find as less aggressive ways to let go of anger write in a journal thoughts and opinions that you have that trouble. Also, take precautions to ensure that your views are not accessed by anyone to protect and create new grounds for anxiety.
Because anger can be closely related to anxiety, you must learn to control your anxiety if you wish to stop the anger. For this purpose, you may consider more effective strategies to reduce stress including
- deep breathing
- progressive muscle relaxation
- cognivitv-behavioral psychotherapy.
It is also important to focus on these methods without using drugs. Probably will not be able to discover the cause of anxiety, worry and even fear. Even if there are universal factors triggers anxiety, they are not always the anxiety disorders. Some people are more prone to anxiety and anger others.
It is important to try to reduce even minor stimuli that you could produce anxiety. Anxiety is characterized by the fact that it can accumulate. Try to avoid, for example, dark places, movies and other stimuli aggression that could help build aggression.
Physical energy and anxiety are closely related. Physical energy will accumulate as a result of inactivity or muscle used. In this case, anxiety will increase. Exercise will release this energy and anxiety will diminish. In addition, some types of physical activities such as jogging, can contribute to the production of endorphins that improve your overall mood.