Tooth brushing mistakes
Brushing teeth is a habit so common that very few people stop to think about this activity.
As with any habit, you become careless, and this can lead to tooth decay and gum disease.
We present some of the most common tooth brushing mistakes, and tips dentists and oral health experts to straighten them.
Common Mistakes during tooth brushing
- Do not use a proper toothbrush. Consider the size of your mouth when you purchase a toothbrush. If you feel that you preyed too much to open your mouth for tooth fit, it is probably too high.
The handle should also be comfortable. The more you brush is easier to use, much more likely to use it correctly.
Experts say that a person who brush their teeth properly can do so with the manual toothbrush and with the power. Responsibility belongs correct use of the brush teeth.
- Choosing the wrong toothbrush. Some toothbrushes have bristles inclined, while other types have straight hairs. Dentists say there is a major difference between these types. Experts believe everything you rush more technical than the position of teeth brushing bristles device.
What is important to remember however, is that toothbrushes whose bristles are too hard can damage your gums. Dental experts recommend soft-bristled toothbrushes. Brushes should be robust enough to remove plaque, but not quite stiff enough to hurt.
Not recommended brushing machines that seem natural in composing such as those with hair and hair boar animal origin.
- Do not brush your teeth often enough or brushing duration is reduced. Light brushing of the teeth is recommended at least twice a day. 3 times is best. If the time between brushings is too high, it builds plaque, increasing the risk of inflammation of the gums and other problems can occur.
Brushing should last at least two minutes (3 minutes is best). Most do not observe this time of brushing. Share mouth into four quadrants and assign at least 30 seconds each quadrant. Some toothbrushes are on sale with a mini timer attached.
For the 2-3 minutes to go faster, try another activity while you brush your teeth, and vizionatul TV.
- Make brushing too often or too hard. While brushing 3 times a day is ideal, more likely to have a negative effect on oral health. Excessive brushing can expose the tooth root and gum irritation.
Vigorous brushing may also erode tooth enamel. The secret is to wash light for 2-3 minutes.
- Brushing incorrectly. Vigorous horizontal movements along the gum can cause abrasions. Place the brush at 45 degrees to the gum line and make short movements.
Tooth brushes with movements up and down and not left and right movements. Movements must be vertical, not horizontal. Make sure you brush the outer and inner tooth surfaces, chewing and tongue areas.
- Start brushing from the same point every time you brush your teeth. When people do that dentists can realize. Start from a different place, so that when you finally get to take your time, because certain areas of your mouth could be cleaned more carefully and more superficial because boredom.
- Do not clean the teeth. Most of the people forget to wash the inner surface of the teeth. Plaque can lodge anywhere. Dentists have found that it is often ignored inner surface of the front teeth.
- Do not wash with water toothbrush. Bacteria can grow on a toothbrush enough pancake. Perhaps the next time you brush your teeth in the mouth to enter the old bacteria.
- Do not dry toothbrush. If you have a toothbrush that is always moist, this will always find bacteria. To avoid this shake off brush and covered it with a lid to allow air into the brush.
- Do not change your toothbrush often enough. Experts recommend to
change their toothbrush every three or four months or sooner if bristles are worn it. When brushes lose their normal flexibility and begin to wear out or break, change the toothbrush.
Keep in mind rather toothbrush state and its bristles than time you use it. Some brushes have colored the middle. Discoloration warns it is time to change.
- Wash immediately after eating. In fact, it is best to wait 30 minutes after eating before brushing. When brushing immediately after eating can shatter sugars and other food particles between teeth and this can affect tooth enamel.
- Wet your toothbrush before brushing your teeth. You do not have to wet your toothbrush except when you use a brush with hard and you have to soak them with the help of little water.
- Rinse mouth with water or mouthwash. By this actually remove fluoride toothpaste left that acts as a protective layer to prevent tooth decay.
Experts recommend to avoid rinsing, especially after brushing your teeth at night. We thus remains a fluoride film over teeth overnight.
- Floss without have a special technique. Rather than force the floss teeth cleaning, which could affect the gums, rather you can use a zigzag motion for floss to get between teeth and clean them.
One Reply to “Tooth brushing mistakes”