Diagnosing of varicose vains
Diagnosing of varicose vains, if you experience swollen veins in the legs, tired legs, heavy and painful itching and burning along the swollen veins, you may suffer from varicose veins or varicose veins requiring medical attention and treatment.
Varicose veins may extend in some cases become prominent. These can be seen in some people in the thighs, legs, calves, and ankles.
If you have varicose veins but will not cause any discomfort, you should consult your doctor. Varicose veins are rarely a serious condition and requires usually no treatment.
Should seek medical advice if:
– Varicose veins will cause pain or discomfort;
– Skin over the vein is inflamed and irritated;
– Leg pain at night irritating and will disturb sleep.
Varicose veins are diagnosed by their appearance. Your doctor will examine the legs while sitting upright to check for any signs of swelling. It may ask you to describe any pain that you have and if there are situations that aggravate the symptoms of varicose veins. For example, some women may experience menstrual cycle affect their varicose veins.
Your doctor may request details of risk factors for varicose veins, including:
– Varices in family medical history;
– The value of body mass index;
– Deep vein thrombosis;
– A history of injuries in the leg.
If the doctor thinks it is necessary to consider varicose veins can send the patient to a specialist in Phlebology. After examination, the specialist will decide if further investigation. There are several investigations that will be used specifically to investigate varicose veins.
– Doppler – this is a type of sonography (ultrasound) that provides information about the direction of blood flow in the veins. This provides clues about how well the valves work your A Doppler test can be used to check any clots in the veins.
– Color duplex ultrasound scan (ultrasound) – is a painless procedure that uses high frequency sound waves to produce pictures of the inside of your body, providing color images of the vein structure. With this investigation can measure blood flow velocity.
Preparing for your appointment
You will not need to make special preparations before consultation. Doctor should consider your bare feet to diagnose varicose veins and to realize what treatment might be best for your condition family doctor may recommend you consult a specialist in Phlebology and vascular surgery or dermatologist.
Prior consultation try not to stand or sit to keep the same position in 30 minutes. Raise your legs when you sit and avoid uncomfortable shoes or tight socks and stockings.
One Reply to “Diagnosing of varicose vains”