Foot health, how to choose the right shoes
Feet contain a quarter of all the bones in the body. They absorb half of your body weight through every step nonexistent respect for which is often. Sure, you can do occasional pedicure or you can support the sofa at the end of the day, but experts say that everyone should do much more for his legs than that.A person walks around 1000 km per year. Feet are the second part of the body that works hard, the first being heart. Feet are very important: when they become painful, many problems occur. Therefore deserves more attention.
4 solutions for the inconvenience feet
- Leg cramps – These muscle spasms can cause strange blocking the emergence of fingers or painful sensations in the sole.
What you can do: Drink plenty of water especially when doing physical activity (dehydration is the main cause) and try to make your legs stronger. People do not use their small muscles of the feet effectively, so that lactic acid accumulates in the muscles and spasms occur. In the sitting position (on a chair) put a towel on the floor, you will raise with each leg. Push the center of the foot. Continue, alternating legs until your fingers get tired. Repeat daily.
- Plantar Fasciitis – A sharp pain in the heel caused by inflammation of the tissue that connects the heel bone and the toes.
What you can do: Use ibuprofen (if not the physician is contraindicated) and rest your feet for a week. When you restart exercise, intensity will gradually increase. Stretching (stretching) may be useful. Pass ankle that will upset over the opposite knee and then bend your toes backwards with a hand and foot massage with the other hand. Do this for 30 seconds three or four times a day. If pain persists see your doctor (it may recommend cortisone injections to reduce inflammation).
- Plantar warts – These growths on the soles of the feet are caused by viral infections.
What you can do: Apply a treatment not prescribed over them like a patch of salicylic acid. If you do not disappear in a few weeks, see your doctor to recommend a stronger treatment such as criogenarea them.
- Stress fracture – A small crack in a bone of the foot, this most often in athletes, in front of the foot, causing pain and swelling. Increasing exercise intensity or frequency can cause this problem.
What you can do: Cleaning up. Light exercise can be done with low impact – walking or swimming – are allowed if pain occurs. Otherwise, keep the leg rest a few days. Most often stress fracture heal itself, but if the pain persists even after several weeks, see your doctor. Then resume workouts gradually.
4 myths about feet
- Slippers flip-flops are recommended for maintaining healthy feet. It would be an ideal alternative, but are traditional flip-flops are not supported, nor depreciated in any way going. Chances are your feet hurt within a few hours drive them. In fact, wearing this type of shoes can lead to tendonitis, foot pain and ankle sprains.
- Foot size and width does not change. Pregnancy, weight gain and even simple aging causes stretching of ligaments feet, causing them to be higher even with a number.
- Some leg pain are normal – with single, no! Any discomfort is replacing shoes to rest or to change that practice exercise area (alegetii a treadmill that is more than concrete or astfaltul indicated, for example).
- To prevent athlete’s foot is recommended to wear slippers in the locker room. They help, but what causes the development and multiplication of virus in the legs is a humid (like sweaty feet or poorly ventilated shoes) after exposure to the virus. Immediately after exercise, change your sneakers with a casual shoes dry.
Tips for buying sneakers
Before you buy sneakers should be aware of the answers to the following questions:
- Where you use these shoes? Depending on the type of work they perform, different ways necestia foot support and cushioning.
- An additional cushioning and control during movements? This depends on the extent that you carry the shoe but also the shape and hollow sole. Make Bathmat test to know this: look after you let an area dry your feet wet when you get out of the shower. Note heel but there is only a hint to short or missing fingers? Means that the notch in the bottom is accentuated and you need shoes for shock absorption in addition. If left to the sole result is similar to a kidney wet, the notch in the base is quite small, you need to look for shoes that provide larger stability when exercising.
- What size shoe port? Usually, the shoes you wear a larger number than in other types of shoes. Ideal to buy as perhaps sneakers with socks.
How are you?
Experts recommend you try at least four pairs of shoes, to walk inside the store to make sure that your heel does not slip and the shoes will not rub foot. Also, sneakers should be replaced from time to time.