Learn how you can enjoy the benefits that we can provide air conditioning without adverse consequences. The air conditioning is essential for getting comfortable in hot days.
Like other modern facilities, air conditioning has its disadvantages which may be enough to make you think twice before buying an air conditioner.
Pros and cons of using air conditioning
The problems associated with excessive use of air conditioners from it. Some people find that they will feel better as long as the air conditioning works.
The air conditioning aggravate arthritis and neuritis effects, for example. Another drawback is that air conditioning causes discomfort to those who suffer from sinus problems. In addition to these obvious reactions may occur in air conditioning and many other subtle reactions that can adversely affect a person’s health.
Studies focused on the issue so people who have worked long time in air conditioned offices but also outdoors, have shown that people exposed to the air conditioners are more prone to colds, flu and other minor ailments. It was also found that the body is under stress when you have to move from a high temperature to the low.
Even the air conditioning inside the car can trigger health problems. Inside the cooling devices were discovered microorganisms that can cause serious respiratory problems. By air conditioning units can spread various diseases, the most famous being legionnaire’s disease.
Advantages and Disadvantages
Here are the advantages and disadvantages of using air conditioning.
- Extreme heat has a clear negative impact on mental and physical activity, and use of air is a way to correct this
- Air conditioning increases the level of comfort at work and at leisure
- Air conditioning improves performance at work
- A low temperature reduce insects and parasites
- When a person sweats optimal temperature is less and decreases the risk of dehydration
- A clean air conditioning help to exclude allergens encounter in the external environment, such as pollen
- If the air conditioning is good and well maintained, renews and improves air quality.
- Sudden changes of temperature and humidity affects the respiratory system
- The air conditioning has the effect of drying of the skin and mucous membranes
- Contribute to noise pollution
- Airflow inside can be a way of transmitting infectious respiratory disease
- Particles of fungi and fungi can cause allergic reactions
- The air conditioning is associated with rhinitis and chronic pharyngitis, throat irritation and hoarseness
- The air conditioning can increase some eye conditions such as conjunctivitis and blepharitis and can cause problems for contact lens wearers
Do not forget:
Air conditioned spaces must be ventilated regularly
It is important to ensure both maintenance and professional installation of air conditioning units
Keep the room temperature between 21-25 C
Try to get a humidity between 60-70%