Health problems caused by bee or wasp stings

Wasp or bee stings are unpleasant for causing pain and discomfort. Dangers these insects bites occur when the child is allergic to insect venom makes shock anafilatic or when they stopped causing the infection. There are rules of first aid and prevention methods!

Health Dangers stings
Although these injuries are generally unwanted hazardous to the health of children, there are cases in which they may experience an allergic reaction, such as anaphylaxis or severe infection (fever – the main symptom) requiring emergency medical intervention.
Symptoms of shock include:

  • Hives;
  • Shortness of breath to suffocation;
  • Tightness / tingling in the chest;
  • Dizziness;
  • Swelling of the hands, face and especially the language;
  • Loss of consciousness.

First aid

  • Removing the needle (if any);
  • Cleaning the area with soap and warm water, several times a day;
  • Local application of ice cube;
  • Antihitaminice administration, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, if you experience pain or itch, they are given only after you receive medical advice;
  • Call ambulance or transport to the nearest hospital if you experience symptoms of shock.

Preventing stings
Preventive measures are very simple and consist of keeping away from exposed areas beehive or wasps (bushes, trees, grape vines) or more complete dressing on walks through nature.
Using repelantelor is important in preventing insect bites. And avoid using perfumes or lotions sweet help for bees or wasps are attracted to these smells.
Teach your child to not be nervous when you are around a bee or wasp. Sudden movements scare them and they become aggressive. It is better to try to gently blow into it and not give the hand to remove it.

Previous Article
Next Article

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.