Counting calories to control daily caloric intake is a safe weight loss strategy, but seems at first sight a difficult process that many people do not dare to start it.
Caloric intake remains very important in the approach to eliminate excess weight, and when you learn to appreciate it properly, you significantly increase your chances to qualify for the maximum number of calories that is compatible with the intended purpose of losing weight.
Some experts proposed some rules that will help you to keep better control of the calories from the food you eat.
Essential information about calories
Calories refers to the energy value of food, the body needs to function properly. Carbohydrates, fats and proteins are the types of nutrients that contain calories in varying proportions and which is the main energy source for the body.
Proteins and carbohydrates contain about 4 calories per gram, while fats provide about 9 kcal per gram. The alcohol is also a source of calories, 7 kcal per gram, respectively. Regardless of their source of origin, calories consumed at each meal are either converted to physical energy or stored as fat tissue.
Calories deposited in tissues remain in the body as fat cells, until they are used by reducing daily caloric intake (so the body to turn to its reserves for energy) or by increasing exercise which helps your body burn more calories.
The equation is very simple weight oscillations when a person consumes more calories than you burn, gain weight, and vice versa.
Since 3500 calories equals a weight of about 500 grams of fat, a person must burn 3,500 calories more than you consume to lose a pound. If you reduce your daily caloric intake by 500 calories, you will be able to lose weight 0.5 kg a week (500 calories x 7 days = 3,500 calories).
Things get complicated along the way, because weight loss usually happens not only by melting the fat stored in tissues but also by reducing muscle and water loss. Also, due to organic changes induced by weak, will be required constant decrease calorie intake, so weight loss continue.
A survey by the International Foundation of Food in the U.S. show that only 9% of the population monitor their daily calorie intake. Respondents who said she does not take into account how many calories you consume, and negligence motivated by the fact that they did not count them, not considered important calories and do not have enough time for this activity.
Counting calories daily
Daily calorie counting is a more simple and less time consuming than most people believe. Keep in mind the following rules and get used more easily with careful monitoring of daily calorie intake!
The number of calories you should eat to maintain weight depends on factors such as gender, age, height and level of physical exertion. The body uses about two thirds of the calories from the food daily to perform basic functions such as heart rate and muscle movements. The remaining calories are consumed through normal activities, such as walking or performing physical exercise.
To find out how many calories you should consume each day, calculate basal metabolic rate (BMR), so
- Multiply your current weight by 20 if you are female and 22 if you are male (this is RMB);
- Add another 20% of the RMB number obtained if you have a sedentary lifestyle, 30% if you do some exercise, 40% if you exercise moderately and 50% if you exercise at a steady pace.
- The final number represents daily calories you need to maintain your current weight.
Example if you are a sedentary woman weighing 60 kg, basal metabolic rate is 1200. Added another 240 RMB (20% of it), very low percentage for movement. Maximum daily calories to maintain current weight is 1440 kcal.
Monitor the calories in food
Read food labels carefully and summed value of energy purchased. In order not to exceed the maximum caloric intake, look for ways you can permanently reduce the number of calories you eat, the healthier food choices
- Breakfast water with lemon instead of orange juice (cut 117 kcal);
- Snack a sliced cucumber with a tablespoon of hummus instead of potato chips (cut 119 kcal);
- Lunch quit fat salad dressing and only use lemon juice and a teaspoon of olive oil (cut 66 kcal);
- Desert enjoy a cup of fresh strawberries instead of chocolate ice cream (cut 118 kcal);
It is always an excellent way to get rid of excess calories. Ride a roller for 30 minutes will help you burn up to 125 calories.
Dispense carefully the portions of food
For a better control of the number of calories you do not need to constantly gather numbers. You can simply control your portions at every meal, which are often larger than necessary.
Make use of lightweight parts that will not take away time and help you eat in moderation
- Serves as a tennis ball. Yogurt, pasta or cereals should not exceed the size of such balls as a gate.
- Eating the right conditions. There never eat food straight from the package, see vendors or bag, otherwise you risk every time you eat too much. Put any food in plates and bowls so you can see clearly how much you get to eat.
- Tempering appetite. Take a healthy snack about an hour before a healthy meal, as are slices of celery with peanut butter. You eat less, with a moderate appetite.
- Use small dishes. A normal serving of food will seem huge to a small plate. This psychological trick will help you keep control your daily calorie intake successfully.