Natural remedies for sinus pain
Sinuses are located in the cheeks, behind the forehead and eyebrows, on either side of the nose and behind it. Healthy sinuses are covered with a thin layer of mucus that traps dust, germs, and other particles circulating in the air.
Sinus pain occurs when inflamed nasal tissue, which prevents proper drainage of the sinuses. Atmospheric temperature changes, allergies, smoking, colds, and other causes can cause problems for the sinuses.
Natural ways to relieve sinus pain
- Breathe moist air – Purchase a humidifier in your bedroom and other rooms where you spend a lot of time indoors. Dry air can irritate the sinuses, but keeping air humidity can help to reduce congestion. Also, inhalations repeated (two to four times daily) steam can help. For the same purpose you can sit in the bathroom with the door closed and hot water in the shower on.
- Avoid smoking and inhaling chemicals – Cigarette smoke can irritate the sinuses. Do not allow friends and family to smoke in the house. Purchase organic products for cleaning, perfumed, which do not contain harsh chemicals that can trigger sinus problems.
- Drink more water – If you have sinus problems drink more water! If you drink plenty of water or juice will thin your mucus and it will facilitate drainage. Hot tea can help as long as decaf. Drinks that contain caffeine or alcohol can dehydrate. In fact, alcohol will aggravate sinus swelling. Drink at least 8 glasses of water or drinks and caffeine-free liquid every day.
- Do nasal irrigation – or nasal lavage Called nasal washes, they keep sinuses clean and clear mucus. Nasal irrigation can use saline solution, which will help remove thickened mucus and allergens that cause sinus congestion.
Stay lean over the sink, insert the saline solution into one nostril and let it drain out the other nostril. Keep your mouth open and do not breathe through your nose. You can buy saline solution packaged in special containers for nasal lavage.
- Tumeric or turmeric – Tumericul it contains curcumin, a substance that can bring health benefits. These include treating sinus infections. Curcumin helps heal sinus problems and help clean the airways. Sinus infections can be caused by nasal inflammation and turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Grapefruit seed extract – grapefruit is a fruit that acts as a natural antibiotic and has an inhibitory action of the action of microbes, parasites, bacteria and fungi 30 of existing types, including candida.
To treat sinus infections, purchase grapefruit seed extract nasal spray form and use it as an adjunct to the treatment recommended by your doctor.