What to do if you are allergic
The most common allergies are as symptoms Runny, itchy nose, tingling, repeated sneezing allergy symptoms are located in the nose, known as allergic rhinitis. Sensations of choking, difficulty in breathing, wheezing breath, dry cough allergy symptoms are localized in the lungs, known as bronchial asthma. Tearing, redness, itching, swollen eyelids are localized to the eye allergy symptoms. Stomach cramps, vomiting and diarrhea are localized allergy symptoms in the dimmunoglobulin Estive tract. Skin is manifested by eczema (atopic dermatitis), itchy on the arms, legs and neck, contact dermatitis, itchy lesions characteristic that may result from direct contact with substances from cosmetics, jewelry, clothing and professional contact with various allergens. Allergies affect about 20 % of the population, and some of them are hereditary. The first symptoms of allergy can occur at any age, but those who are prone to allergies will develop symptoms in childhood. Allergy is basically a physical, but psycho- emotional factors (stress, fear, anger, anger, frustration, various phobias and manias) can cause or exacerbate symptoms. Annually in the country are around 30 000 cases of allergic diseases frequently being affected women.
How to protect the body from allergies
Always defend the body against allergies by antibodies and immunoglobulin’s. But some people produce excess antibody called immunoglobulin E immunoglobulin E antibodies abundant, overreact when in contact with an allergen stimulates the elimination of certain chemicals in the body which in turn accelerates the immunoglobulin E-mediated allergy symptoms can Allergens cause allergic reactions and other immunoglobulin E antibodies are not directly involved.
The most common allergens are:
- plant substances (pollen of flowers, herbs and grasses and fluff of fabrics) – are common causes of respiratory allergies;
- domestic animals (cat hair and dander, dog) – are common causes for asthma in children;
- mites (parasites that are not visible to the naked eye) we find in dust, wool (pillow, blanket), the wallpaper in the home and in areas where humidity is high.
- insect bites;
- food substances such as meat, fish and pork, strawberries, milk cow, egg whites, spinach – are common causes of skin allergies and gastrointestinal;
- History. Dr. gather as much information about the circumstances in which appeared allergy (the place where you were, what you ate, if you come into contact with certain substances), habits, knowledge of personal and family history. All this will facilitate the skin or serologic tests.
- Test RAST (Radio Allergo Sorbent Test) measuring specific Immunoglobulin E in the blood and secretions such as nasal secretions.
- PriST Test (Paper Radio Immuno Sorbent Test) principle is similar to the RAST test.
- Testing epidermal or ” skin prick test”.
Skin test is performed by administering an extract containing a small amount of the suspected allergen. If you choose, in a few minutes, a bump (papule).
- Nasal provocation tests.
- Allergen is introduced into the nose. Positive reaction occurs in 30 seconds and is characterized by symptoms such as sneezing, watery secretions abundant. This test is not recommended for children under two years.
- Food challenge tests consist of food intake factor suspected to be allergenic.
- Phadiatop Infant – recommended for children aged 0-4 years. This test allows you to test the most common food allergens and inhalants.
- Phadiatop – recommended for older children and adults, demonstrating the presence of specific Immunoglobulin E antibodies to the most common inhaled allergens in the environment.
Mild or moderate symptoms
If you develop a mild or moderate symptoms, your problem can be easily controlled with medications in the following categories :
- Anti -histamines
- Nasal decongestant
- Desensitization or allergen specific immunotherapy with vaccines
- Alternative treatments such as acupuncture, homeopathy
- Natural treatments (yarrow tea infusion or inhalations)
- Three brothers-stained – one of the most popular herbs that help combat spring allergies.
- Blueberry leaf tea help to discover the essence of allergic reactions, nettle, dandelion leaves ash help detoxification.
- Infusion of black currant buds, treating allergic rhinitis, allergic asthma, edema Quicke, hives.
- Sea grass decoction is used for eczema.
- Decoction of onion, onion juice, onion tea have antiseptic, emollient in throat infections, allergic asthma.