Nobody could get used to the intense pain of teeth. The good news is that after regular dental checks, thanks to the evolution of medicine and cutting edge technology, excruciating tooth pain can be relieved. Its appearance is an important signal that should not be ignored, even if sine.Durerea disappears from teeth is varied. Perhaps the most common way of manifesting is the pain of sensitive teeth. After consumption of food or drink very hot, very cold or sweet lightning will feel a pain of the moment.
Some people suffer from toothache caused by inflammation of the sinuses. If the pain is limited to the top teeth and more teeth are affected at the same time, the cause may be a sinus condition. Bruxism (grinding teeth or) is a problem involving the temporomandibular joint, which could trigger tooth sensitivity or pain. Even recent dental work can cause sensitivity to one or more teeth to temperature changes for several weeks.
When asked for help dentist
If some of these types of pain must immediately seek dental help. If acute pain is located and when they bite a food, it could be the presence of caries, a filling fallen, cracked tooth, damaging or cracking a tooth enamel. Pain that lasts more than 30 minutes after eating hot or cold foods may indicate that he was injured tooth pulp. Classic teeth pain, constant and severe, accompanied by inflammation and sensitivity is a warning for dental problems worse.
As a rule of thumb, if a tooth hurts enough unpleasant sensation that can awaken a person from sleep or interfere with your ability to function normally during the day, it is time to seek the help of your dentist. It could be about an abscessed tooth, which means that the tooth pulp was severely injured, resulting in an infection that can spread from the gums to the bone.
Pain following tooth pulp damage is as serious. For pulp nerve can die even in less than 12 hours, the pain would go away. However, you may install again shortly, as dead tissue can become infected and abscesses may form. Until it reaches the doctor can take, temporarily, a series of measures to relieve pain. Can be used aspirin, acetaminophen or ibuprofen (the latter being the best choice as improve and inflammation that may accompany a toothache). However, prior to use, even medicines obtained without a prescription carefully read the prospectus and how to use them and will not be abused.
Remedies for tooth pain relief
To visit the doctor’s office can be taken a number of measures to relieve dental pain:
- Apply clove oil – clove oil should be applied only on the tooth, not the gum (otherwise burns may occur in the gums). Observe instructions for use swallowing as much of clove oil may even lead to poisoning. However, clove oil toothache cure not only temporarily numbs the tooth nerve;
- Cold compresses – will be applied to the outside cheek, cold compresses, where inflammation due to dental problems;
- Painkillers cold – ice cube kept in the mouth and rinse with cold water can relieve pain. If these methods aggravate pain or simply teeth are sensitive to cold, give this method;
- Rinse mouth – Rinse with warm water to remove any food debris that may be causing pain, could be helpful. A piece of food that get stuck between the teeth or the gums may aggravate the pain if the tooth pulp is damaged. Will mix a teaspoon of salt in a glass of lukewarm water, rinse out mouth and then you spit water;
- Floss – No, it is not a cure, but flossing is another way to remove food debris from the mouth. The rubber toothbrush or a toothpick (if used with care) may also help dislocation of frozen foods;
- Alternate hot and cold – Beware of alternating food and drinks hot or cold that can worsen tooth sensitivity and even the neck;
- Protection with gauze or chewing gum – If the tooth is sensitive to air, its top can be protected with a small piece of gauze or chewing sugarless gum until it reaches the dentist’s office.
Myths about toothache
Many of the so-called tips to relieve toothache, if put in practice become even cause more trouble:
- An aspirin applied to the tooth – If you want to use aspirin to relieve toothache, it will swallow a little fluid. Do not apply directly on the gum or tooth, as it will cause severe burns on the inside of the cheek and gum, and the healing period can extend even to four or five days;
- A toothache means you will lose a tooth – root canal therapy can save a tooth with damaged pulp or abscess. This type of therapy involves a small filling in tooth pulp removal, filling and sealing the canal with gutta-percha and paste sealing and restoration coronoradiculara (most often metal supports to strengthen the teeth);
- If pain persists, and the problem disappeared – Pain is a warning that something is not working well in a person’s body, so it should not be ignored. The problem may be more serious than damage to a tooth pain felt in the lower jaw, for example, are a symptom of heart disease.